Guidelines for Announcements
- Short announcements of conferences, courses,
imminent publications, or any item deemed worthy
- Announcements are moderated by the editors.
- Maximum length
- 500 words. This includes all text.
- Page 0
- The first page, which should be numbered 0,
should contain the following information, which
should not be included in other pages:
- Descriptive title of the item
- Names and affiliations of all authors
- Name and address for correspondence
- The announcement should contain the following:
- Essential details of the event/item (e.g.
location, date, content)
- Brief description of the event/item
- If appropriate, contact details for the event/item
- Headings should not be used in announcements.
- References should not be included in announcements.
- Footnotes should not be included in announcements.
- Acknowledgements should not be included in announcements.
- Appendices should not be included in announcements.
- All text should be in Times New Roman, 12 point
- All submissions should be single spaced.
- Paragraphs should not be indented. Leave one
blank line between each paragraph.
- Use italics to indicate emphasis. Do not underline
- Tables should not be included in announcements.
- Figures should not be included in announcements.
- Address for correspondence
- The address for correspondence supplied in the
email which accompanied the submission will be taken
as the address for correspondence to be appended
to the published item. If a different address for
correspondence is required for the published item,
this must be specified in the email.