When you switch on your computer to check how does the quantum code trading goes and it just refuses to start, what do you do? Try various things, hit various keys but it just wouldn’t start. This could be due to some issues with the bootloader of your system.
Fix The Bootloader Problem
The bootloader of your computer is very sensitive and important for the smooth functioning of your computer. If you try to fiddle around with the bootloader when you are not sure as to how it is done, could result in some unwanted complications in your system and can even damage it.
Here is how you can fix the bootloader problem
You need to boot from the Windows install or the repair CD that came along with your computer. Also you need to start the computer in the windows recovery environment. Some computers come with a special partition for this purpose, where a CD will not be required.
This step varies from computer to computer as different brands have different ways of handling issues. Hence follow the steps that come up on your screen. There will be messages telling which key to press and what to do next. Following these steps can get you through the start up problem in most cases.
If there is no partition in your computer for the recovery process and you don’t have a CD either, you can even start it with a USB that has the windows installer in it. For this you can use another computer and download a copy of windows on to the USB.
- Now that you have a copy of windows to help you recover your computer, here are the steps to follow:
- If you are using a disc, click the options one after the other until you see the repair your computer option. It is that simple.
- If you are starting from the recovery partition, the screen will look different but the process is almost the same and hence you can click on it till you reach the repair your computer option
- Once this is clicked, the computer will start loading the recovery environment. Now click on the troubleshoot option which will take you to the advanced options page
- Different versions of windows will have different screens, but the options and the steps to be followed are very similar.
- Now click on the startup repair option, so as to allow windows to try recovering automatically. This will also have the entire computer scanned for other problems and fix them too
- Next, all the OS on the computer will be displayed. Click on the windows OS you want to repair and windows will start checking for various startup problems and try fixing them
- Once this is done, you will see a message on the screen telling if the repair process was successful and if not, what the reason is
Auto Repair Not Working
If the auto repair option is not working out, you can use the command prompt option to fix it yourself. This should be done only if you are sure the problem is with the boot sector only and the computer is not detecting it.
In the command prompt section, there are a number of commands to be used, one after the other one can get a professional help or if well versed in command, can read up on it and try using them.
When your computer does not start, you can do all of the above to get it up and running, however, if your computer starts loading Windows and then fails, then the problem is not with the bootloader. You will have to try starting your computer in a safe mode and then troubleshoot. System restore would be the best alternative in this type of a situation.
|2005) DigEuLit – a European Framework for Digital Literacy: a Progress Report. JeLit 2(2).
The goal of DigEuLit is to develop a European Framework for Digital Literacy (EFDL): a definition, generic structure, and set of tools which will enable educators, trainers and learners to share an understanding of what constitutes digital literacy and how it can be mapped into European educational practice.